Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 2hr
2kg piece Outback Beef Corned SIlverside
2 tbsp honey
3 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp soy sauce + 2 tbsp extra
1 tsp Chinese five spice
2 tsp finely grated ginger
4 tsp peanut or macadamia oil
8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
4 bunches broccolini, cut into long florets
4 bunches baby bok choy, quartered
- Preheat oven to 160°C or 140°C fan forced. Rinse the corned silverside in cold water to remove any surface brine. Place the corned silverside in a large heavy based pot, large enough for the meat to be completely submersed in water. Cover the silverside with cold water.
- Place over a low heat and bring to just a simmer. Drain well. Transfer to a wire rack sitting over a large roasting dish, face silverside fat side up. Pour 3 cups (750ml) water in base of the dish.
- Combine the honey, sugar, soy, five spice and ginger. Brush half the glaze over the silverside. Cover entire dish with a layer of foil. Bake in preheated oven for 2 hours, or until silverside is tender, a fork should easily penetrate the centre of the meat.
- Preheat grill on high. Remove foil and brush remaining glaze over silverside. Grill for 3 minutes or until glaze is caramelised. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes whilst you cook the greens.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large wok over high heat. Stir fry garlic for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add broccolini and 4 tablespoons water, stir fry for 2 minutes. Add bok choy, stir fry for 1-2 minutes further or until vegetables are just tender crisp. Add the extra soy sauce and toss to combine.
- Slice silverside against the grain. Serve with the garlic tossed greens